These pages contain my thoughts on the meaning and messages of tarot cards that I have drawn for myself. Some of this will be based on traditional interpretations of each card however my intention is to provide more intuitive offerings that are particular to my own life and circumstances at the time.

Sometimes, however, one cannot always see the forest for the trees so I welcome and appreciate comments with any further insights others may like to extend.

Thank you for your visit here; may you find something that resonates within your soul amongst these humble writings. Blessed be.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Card of the Day for Sunday 24 October - Queen of Cups



Queens are feeling and cups are emotion, so this is the double-whammy of matters of the heart. What I need to work out is whether the queen is with me today to look within or to look without, or, indeed, to look in both directions.

One of the greatest triumphs of the Queen of Cups is that she leads with her heart but she is still in full control of her emotions - she rules them, they do not rule her. Sometimes we can let our emotions get the better of us and this can cloud our judgement and decision-making or we can end up swinging to the opposite extreme by trying to control our emotions and never let them show through. This queen reminds us that it is human to feel but we are who we are through our conscious choices that honour all aspects of ourselves.

No comments: